Thursday, September 12, 2013

Confessions of a Sort of Second Year Teacher

I have a confession to make! I'm not perfect (yep I know shocker) and my classroom is not all cute pins and iPad coolness! I have another confession to make... I MISS MY OLD CLASS!! They were sweet, well trained, and we were a family. Granted they were not always that way. When they became mine last December (straight out of student teaching thank you very much) they were sort of a hot mess. They had been through a lot, and by that I mean you don't get a new teacher in December because everything is peachy keen. It took a lot of work, but by the end of the year we were a true family. Their social, emotional, and academic growth blew my mind.  This year I was super excited because I thought this year would be the same. I looked at my new class list with excitement and wonder. Then those names turned into real kids who fight, argue, whine, cry, chit chat a lot, and don't always listen. "I gave up my sweet babies for this" says the little voice in my head. Final confession the beginning of the year sucks really is not fun! Everyone says "things will get better, training them takes time" but that little voice is still there reminding me of what I miss. I'm writing this because another very, very, very tiny voice in my head says "Maybe next year at this time you'll be missing another group of sweet babies!".

No comments:

Post a Comment