We just finished up our first year with 1:1 iPads, and I never want to turn back. I've learned so much this year and I wanted to share my top ten tips for success.
10. Play with your 1:1 device! Especially with iPads there's really not much you can do to mess them up! Play, experiment, and get comfortable with it!
9. Don't teach your students how to use apps or websites! Give them time to free explore! They will figure out things you never would have figured out.
8. Let your students teach you!
7. Don't bother with guided access the kids will figure out how to get out of it without a code pretty fast!
6. Make rules for use and stick to them... right from the start make it a tool NOT a toy!
5. Be open to help, advice and assistance!
4. Make friends with Google Docs and make folders there for each student! It will save you from e-mail overload.
3.Pay for Notability!It will pay for itself in a week because you won't have to make copies!
2. Harness the power of the website! Websites have so much more to offer than apps.
1. Even the youngest kids can do big things with technology... don't limit what they can do! The sky is the limit!