Friday, July 19, 2013

Now who forgot to bring back their guided reading book????

In the past I had the HARDEST time keeping track of who forgot to bring back their guided reading books. I tried everything... keeping lists, giving kids numbers and writing their numbers on the books, and even trusting them to tell me if they still had one at home. None of this worked, but then I had one of those Aha moments, and I felt like an idiot because it's so easy! All of the books in our book room come in plastic baggies, so whenever I send a book home with a student I simply write their name on the back of the baggie using Visa-Vis marker.

When they return the book I just wipe their name off with one of my ever present Clorox wipes.

  Now I always know who is missing which book! I can't believe I never thought of this before!

Happy Teaching!



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment